Heavy Duty Hanging Chair
Out of Stock Until Further Notice
CARE AND USE OF YOUR DELUXE HANGING CHAIR
Larger Diagram (new window)
HOW TO HANG YOUR CHAIR
INSTALLING THE EYEBOLT
Exposed Wooden Beams: (ceiling, patio covers, or gazebo): If your beams are exposed, you are almost done! Simply install the eye hook into the center of the beam. Using a 1/4 inch wood drill bit, drill a hole approximately 4 inches deep perpendicular to the ceiling. Screw the eye hook all the way in until only the curved part of the eye is exposed.
Hidden Wooden Beams or Rafters: Locate the hidden beams. See diagram "A". They are commonly found 16" apart. One way to locate them is by lightly tapping on the ceiling, listening for the difference between a hollow sound (no beam) and a solid, sharper sound (beam). Don't get discouraged, they're up there. To make sure you're on a beam, hammer a small nail at the spot. You'll hit some resistance if you are on the beam. To locate the center of the beam, hammer a second nail to the
HANGING YOUR CHAIR
1) Using the two overhead ropes tie an overhand knot, see diagram "B", through the eye in the large "S" hook provided. Maintain an equal rope length between the knot and the chair dowel on both sides or the chair may not hang evenly.
2) Hang the chair by inserting the "S" hook into the eyebolt you installed in the ceiling or overhang.
3) Insert each of the wooden dowels firmly into the dowel holders (see diagram C). Make sure the dowels are firmly seated in their respective pockets. Install with the longest dowel overhead, the equal length dowels on the sides, and the short dowel in the footrest.
4) Check the integrity of all of the dowels and knots before sitting in the chair for the first time.
WARNING! The Chair has a maximum capacity of 350 lbs.
OPTIONAL CUP HOLDER:
- Loop webbing across overhead dowel and pull basket back through the loop.
- Position the cup holder where suitable.
- The eyebolt must be screwed into a pre-drilled 1/4" hole, centered in a 2" minimum width rafter (Diagram A).
- The Chair is made of 600 Denier Polyester yarn woven for strength and durability. Mildew or moisture does not affect the Chair. It can withstand long periods of exposure to the sun but will fade over time.
- Spinning or swinging in both the Chair and the footrest are not recommended. The eyebolt may loosen, which may result in injury. Periodically check the eye bolt to assure its integrity. Warning: Do not hang frome the overhead dowel.
- Tie the small "S" hook provided to the rope using an overhand knot (see Diagram B).
- Hang the footrest "S" hook from the same eyebolt you used to hang the Chair. Adjust the length so the footrest hangs just below the bottom of the seat of the Chair.
- The footrest may be adjusted up or down for further comfort.
- While seated in the chair, place your feet in the footrest and extend your legs to a reclining position.
Before you insert the 2 medium length side dowels, insert the armrest
straps between the dowel cup webbing and around the rope that forms
the circle around the dowel at each end of the side bars. The longer
strap goes in back. Adjust the front and back length with the Velcro
ADJUSTING YOUR CHAIR:
FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT:
- Raise or lower the Chair height at the eyebolt, via the overhand knot.
- To adjust the Chair back recline, remove the overhead dowel. Adjust he slide knot (Diagram "C") back or forwards equally on both sides. Replace the overhead dowel firmly in its original holders.
- You can adjust the Chair to a fully reclined position, if you like, once you have become familiar with the Chair's settings.
WASHING & CARE:
Do not machine wash or dry. Do not use chemical bleaches. Wash with a soft brush and warm soapy water. Hang to dry or spread out on a flat surface.